I recently discovered a huge flaw in my life; I put too much faith in imperfect things. With the help of the Lord and the patience of my husband I realized that I need to just have faith in the Savior. ONe day when I was having a particularly difficult time with something, my husband sent me a text saying that he loved me and that I just needed to have faith in the savior. Immediatly when I read that I said to my self, 'Well DUH! Now THAT I CAN do!' and I thought about why having faith in Jesus Christ is so much more effective than having faith in something less perfect:
How can you have faith in something or someone that isn’t perfect? Of course we are commanded to have faith in Christ, and that makes sense, because He is perfect. He’s never let me down and the faith I have in Him tells me, He never will.
You can believe or hope in someone. Hope for someone’s best, belief in someone’s loyalty. You can trust something or someone to make right choices, but how can you have faith in them. Faith is a belief that leads to actions and which is required to obtain eternal salvation. Having faith in a human will not get you that gift. Therefore, we should have faith Only in our Savior, for it is Only He who can grant us that gift. As well as never let us down or lie to us or forget us or be selfish enough to hurt us.
Faith in Christ leads to joy, because He is consistent. He never was, is or will be pretending, fake, selfish or weak. He’s never made a mistake, He’s never needed forgiveness. That constant perfectness in His life is a sure testimony that we can have unwavering Faith in Him to fulfill all His promises, to lead your life where it needs to be.
It’s too hard to have faith in someone who isn’t perfect. How can you? Again, you can trust someone to make the right choices but it’s very difficult to have that trust, or hope turn to faith, because they aren’t perfect. It’s inevitable that humankind will err. And therefore having faith in man will lead to some kind of disappointment. But having faith in Christ, faith including knowing He and our Father in Heaven know what is best for us, is completely possible because they ARE perfect. They will Not mistake, they will Not forget, they will Not be selfish, they will Not fall to temptation, they will Not be weak, they will Not do anything that isn’t for our utmost best.
It’s not easy to learn life changing lessons, but I pray I can learn more by having faith in Christ. I pray understanding this principal will help me to have unwavering faith in Him always. When things do go bad, when people do err, I can have faith that the Savior will make that experience for my good. That’s the kind of faith I have got to have. Faith is essential to having the Light of Christ bring joy that illuminates your whole world, which totally and completely destroys all fear from inside the heart and mind.
You can believe or hope in someone. Hope for someone’s best, belief in someone’s loyalty. You can trust something or someone to make right choices, but how can you have faith in them. Faith is a belief that leads to actions and which is required to obtain eternal salvation. Having faith in a human will not get you that gift. Therefore, we should have faith Only in our Savior, for it is Only He who can grant us that gift. As well as never let us down or lie to us or forget us or be selfish enough to hurt us.
Faith in Christ leads to joy, because He is consistent. He never was, is or will be pretending, fake, selfish or weak. He’s never made a mistake, He’s never needed forgiveness. That constant perfectness in His life is a sure testimony that we can have unwavering Faith in Him to fulfill all His promises, to lead your life where it needs to be.
It’s too hard to have faith in someone who isn’t perfect. How can you? Again, you can trust someone to make the right choices but it’s very difficult to have that trust, or hope turn to faith, because they aren’t perfect. It’s inevitable that humankind will err. And therefore having faith in man will lead to some kind of disappointment. But having faith in Christ, faith including knowing He and our Father in Heaven know what is best for us, is completely possible because they ARE perfect. They will Not mistake, they will Not forget, they will Not be selfish, they will Not fall to temptation, they will Not be weak, they will Not do anything that isn’t for our utmost best.
It’s not easy to learn life changing lessons, but I pray I can learn more by having faith in Christ. I pray understanding this principal will help me to have unwavering faith in Him always. When things do go bad, when people do err, I can have faith that the Savior will make that experience for my good. That’s the kind of faith I have got to have. Faith is essential to having the Light of Christ bring joy that illuminates your whole world, which totally and completely destroys all fear from inside the heart and mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment