Yesterday morning was dull, dreadful and dismal. And I realized all I wanted was a vacation to a quiet, peaceful, clean land to be left alone with only the comforts of my sweet husband.
So yesterday, while being distraught by my dark day, I decided to use a Marriott Gift card we got from our work Christmas party. I found a lovely Marriott in Provo with a wonderful upgraded room for not too much and booked it! The room was only $145 after tax, which isn't bad for a room like we got. I used the $50 card we got and so we were only gonna spend $90 bones really.
The best part was I didn't tell Robert about this... I snuck home for lunch and packed things we'd need for a night stay at the Marriott. After work I drove and after about 8 minutes he realized we were going in the opposite direction of home and I told him we were going to the mall.
The next best part was the friendliest hosts at the front desk. The manager was curios why we were staying at a hotel when we came all the way from American Fork. After mentioning we got the gift from work, Fishbowl, he said he knew Fishbowl and some of the managers here and gave us a special 'Fishbowl Rate' so we only paid $50 bucks out of pocket for a beautiful upgraded jetted tub king bed room! What fun!
The best part of the evening was watching the History channel before going to bed. We watched factories make Pork Rinds, beef jerky, popcorn, donuts and more. So fun!
We went to bed early, got up for work and felt super relaxed. I feel like today is Monday (but super better cause it's Friday) and this morning is way more wonderful.
Moral of the story: I think taking vacations during the week is tremendous. It's a break through on bettering my life. Weekdays no longer have to be dreadful to me. :D Date night will now be on Wednesdays.

1 comment:
I'm uber jealous... do it as much as you can before you have kiddos! Finding an over night babysitter can be hard and getting baby to sleep away from home can be hard too! So glad you had fun!
Post a Comment