Feb 1, 2010

Happy February!!

How Awesome is the month of February? 

Valentine's Day is a super fun holiday. It's full of love (obviously), service, kindness, happiness and joy. It's gotta be one of the greatest days of the year. What other holidays celebrate Love?!

Rob and I decided to make this year's Valentine's super special. 

Holidays shouldn't be celebrated on just the set apart day (this is why I don't cry when the stores have Christmas stuff out before Halloween and Valentine's stuff out before Christmas is over). Building up anticipation and sharing the love for weeks before the holiday is where I find the most fun!

I read this wonderful blog, Love, Actually, for fun ideas to celebrate marriage. Love, Actually has been focusing on Valentine's Day fun since December. I got this tremendously fun idea from this blog:


It's like, the 12 days of Christmas, only it's the 14 days of Valentine's! 

I made one in my own version (I'll post pictures later). I sort of made it a Mobile that hangs from the ceiling.

Today is the first day and it read: Tonight, exchange cheesy Valentine cards that you'll make or buy for less than $1.00.

Rob and I are excited. My mom and dad are also gonna be following along with these 14 days of Valentine's.

Just a fun idea I'm passing on! Happy Valentine's Day!




No comments: