Mar 3, 2010

BEFORE:



Well... taking a deeper look has brought up some Necessary fixes. For example the downstairs bathroom has mold in the walls and ceiling and the upstairs bathroom needs a new tub, piping, a subfloor, toilet, sink and side wall. Woohoo!!

We had planned on major changes in this house anyway, but it's turned into more renovating than anything. 

So I took as many pictures as I could to show the house as we saw it Monday night. The before the makeover pictures.

I'm excited to be able to post after the makeover pictures as the months roll along.

Here we go with the virtual tour! (Aimree, my niece, insisted on modeling everything :) ). 

Welcome!

we have rose bushes on both sides of the door... unfortunately I will be taking these out come spring. They completely cover the downstairs windows, which make it even more dark... I'm going for bright. I think nice flower beds will go better.

From the entry way, looking upstairs. I have great fun plans for that closet. I'm hoping for an in wall-uncovered book shelf. I already took the door off. :D

up the stairs and to the left is the living room. I love the type of windows this house has, so I'm glad about that! Wallpaper WILL go, new carpet will be installed. Also... there is no over head lighting here... gotta work on that!

The kitchen is connected to the living room, with a small wall separating them (I want to knock it down.. but that may not work for multiple reasons...) The cabinets are fairly new, except there are a few broken doors.. the previous owners were very hard on things... 

Over there is the dining spot... not much room and we may take the bottom counter out later and get an island for more room. Also, we plan on moving the floating cupboards immediately. They detach nicely and we will just install the end to the wall, opening it up a bit. Great!

This is through the sliding door in the dining area. We have a large sturdy deck. It needs refinishing, another learning project for us! What Fun we will have with this deck!!

Back yard. it's long, not too deep. We have an apricot tree

...you can see it here. We will put up wood fences for more privacy with the backyard neighbors. And build an awesome firepit!!

back in the living room, looking down the hall.

upstairs bathroom. a few holes in the walls. this whole thing needs to be redone.

and we are going to go with all new light fixtures! this one is a bit outdated for me..

next to the bathroom, master bedroom! with this one green wall and badly done crown molding! lots to do with this room!

second bedroom upstairs... two bright pink walls. Aimree kept pretending to vomit.. she hates pink. :)

This is the entry, we are going down now. We will get a new door with a window because it's dark in the entry. Someday we'll get a window above the door! 

The basement, besides the bathroom, will be redone over the next few years. We just don't have need yet.

Family room downstairs. Covered in wood panel sheet things. This stuff is easy to take off, which eventually we will do. As well as make this room bigger by making the storage room smaller... you'll see.

This is next to the family room. It's the storage/laundry room. It's very big and ugly! We will hopefully push the wall in to make the family room bigger and close some stuff off. Imagine the food storage! :D

Here's Rob working of the leaky water heater and the other side of the storage room.

The downstairs bathroom (does not look like this anymore. We tore the wall and ceiling out because of mold...)

room

room 2 downstairs. This room is completely painted in nappy mustard poo yellow... very interesting.
creepy closet under the stairs. Not much to do with this except for me to avoid it. haha. the door has a lock on the outside... don't know what they were trying to lock in there! mwahahahahaha!!!!!

back upstairs!

That's it folks! Here are some other random pictures:

(silly chandelier in the dining area that really low and we keep hitting our heads.)

better kitchen shot

fixing a leak! he's so handy

big pile of junk to be rid of

Thanks for coming and come again when the upstairs is all new! :D


2 comments:

Abby O! said...

Goodness! It's so exciting! You and Maggie are so much alike, she and Matt bought their house so that they can do fix-it-ups and change things and work on things. CJ and I avoided those houses all together and bought what we did for the exact reason you bought yours... fixer-ups! We love that we don't have to do anything like that! I'm so glad that you're so excited! You have so much to do but you're so creative and Rob's so handy, you're house will be so beautiful and wonderful once all is said it done! I'm excited to watch it all happen. :D

Penn and Kass said...

How much fun are you guys going to have?! When we bought our house, the outside was the BIG project for us! Then when winter hit, we worked a lot on the inside. Paint, new counter tops, appliances. We have crown molding we still need to get up too! You will love owning your own home!