Saturday, my mom and I were doing odds and ends shopping for our house.
For example, we needed to find Pergo flooring to fix a bit of the kitchen floor. It's a hard task to find wood matching enough that isn't a billion dollars.
Well, after shopping and NO luck, my uncle, who works on our house EVERYDAY (he's a superhero) suddenly realizes, he has wood panels that will probably be a good fit. We go check it out, and it's a PERFECT match nearly! And he has JUST enough left for us to finish what we need. Tender Mercy!
So then, Terri (my mom... I dunno why we all call her Terri) and I were just chatting about the progress of our home while the men installed 4 new pre hung doors (we used to have the flimsy hallow wood ones.. blah!)
We painted a bit of our trim around the window red, just so we can get a real feel of what it's gonna look like.. and Terri and I both felt like something was wrong. It was a bit awkward...
I was afraid the trim was the problem... so I didn't want to say anything. I REALLY want my trims red!!
but... I realized it was more important to be comfortable with my walls than be prideful...
So finally, I said, Terri.... do you even like the paint? (I was worried it didn't look good to everyone, not just me)
and she said she didn't! Man I'm glad for an honest Mom! But she pointed out it wasn't the trim, it's the Coconut Milk we painted the walls with. It has too much of a pink tint to it. (PHEW! I can keep the red trim!)
So... we ran to the paint store and decided we needed something purely tan instead of milky cream... something with no red tint to bland it out.
So... we found this tan that we thought would work. I bought a quart in it and painted the whole wall. Oh my goodness I love it so much more. It's way more comfortable and calming.
We didn't tell Robert... cause he worked hard to paint the walls. But when he saw what we were doing he really liked it too.
So here is a rough draft:
With some cool red stenciling, and the red couches, this is going to be fantastic!
Also, notice our cool new fan we installed? This room wasn't even wired for lighting, so we had to install everything. We are awesome!
Also... here's a rough draft of the bathroom:
we need to grout the tub tile and finish the floor. But here you can see how it's going. SUPER excited to paint the bathroom!
Here's another shot of my favorite fan:
The blades are black now, but the flip side is a deep cherry red, we may flip to that side if it matches the paint well enough. I haven't checked yet.
And OH MY GOSH!!!! We bought a new front door too!
I'm so thrilled because our entry way is super dark with no windows in our door or above it.
We have new pretty casing for the door and a new door instead of this one. Also a new chandelier that hasn't been installed yet. But can't you see how dark it is there?
This is our new door:
(stock photo, lowes.com)
Only it's white, and we may paint it anyway. But look at all those windows panes!! Beaut!





2 comments:
Big changes, and it's all looking so good!!!
I'm glad you re-painted! You would NOT have been happy had you just dealt with that other color you didn't like! Your house is looking awesome---is that the chandelier you're using? The crystally one?
Btw, moved my blog it's now at violatorblog.blogspot.com. Bliggity blog sounded kinda lame to me!
Post a Comment