See the golden fan in the upper left corner of this picture?
That is the ceiling fan in the master bedroom in my house.
We just couldn't deal with a golden fan... but we ran out of new ceiling fan funds.
So we were gonna have to just deal for a while, till we received some inspiration from fellow bloggers and learned we could spray paint our golden fan!
I wasn't planning on painting this when we took it down... so I didn't take a good before picture. We took it down to fix the brace, and then I decided to go ahead and splurge on a 3 dollar bottle of spray paint.
Don't you love my room colors? I love them dearly.
Some before Pictures:
Took it all apart to cover the vent mesh with tape and painted the screws as well.
Mmmm too bad it's not Real gold! Mwahaha
I had to bring it in to dry because it started raining...
And Finally...
(saving energy with them swirly lights!)
We just bought the Krylon brand paint. It's the Oil Rubbed Bronze color, love it.
Robert keeps running into our room just to look at it.
We will also get some new cups to update it a bit more. But for now, we can breath a bit more comfortably!
Thanks blogger DIY friends for the idea!
I've seen this a few places, this is the only one I could remember right now...








1 comment:
You guys are the DIY masters!!!!
I LOVE it! Your place is really coming together, huh?
Post a Comment