Sep 28, 2010

Uh..

Lack of motivation.

So far, 13.5 weeks and counting, out of all the symptoms of pregnancy I have had so far (which I think is the lot of them) a desire to do absolutely nothing has surpassed them all.

Even my sweet sister thinks I'm dead. 

I don't want to get out of bed, and when I do I don't want to shower. I don't want to comb my hair or get dressed.

I don't want to brush my teeth. I don't want to go to the bathroom (fortunately I can't stop that one).

I don't want to talk to people. I don't want to work (even though I work from home and it's the most comfortable anyone could be). I don't want to read any more emails. I don't want to read blogs. I don't want to blog myself.

I don't even want to text. I don't want to go shopping (even if I had money :)). I don't want to clean the house. I don't want to pick up Tony's poop. I don't want to go to social functions. I don't want to chat and giggle. I don't want to talk to people.

I don't want to bake goodies or cook dinner. I don't want to fulfill my church callings. I don't want to go to church (but I love it when I'm there). I don't want to eat anymore. I don't want to.

I don't want to do anything, except lay on my mom's couch (because working from home makes me feel so cloistered and trapped) and watch Ghost Whisperer.

Fortunately I have an awesome husband who makes me get out of bed on Sunday mornings.
He makes showering more fun ;). He helps with the house work and the dinner.
He picks up all the dog's poop.
He lets me sit on my mom's couch while he does his homework and goes to school.
(He Hates Ghost Whisperer).
He helps me get groceries and he puts them all away.
He works harder than ever to prepare for our family.
He lets me be anti social.
He makes me feel beautiful even though I haven't showered or dressed for the day yet and it's 3:30.
He gives me the positive encouragement I need and want to do my calling.
He does what needs to be done! And he never complains.

When I say I don't want to, he says, 'I know.' And either does it, or helps me.

I love you Robber!

And... if I feel like blogging, then, I will. 

3 comments:

Delirium said...

Don't you even feel guilty or bad about doing nothing, either!!!

Enjoy it while you can, that's what I say. (not the most encouraging statement, sorry) :)

The Coles said...

I agree! I layed in bed the whole summer I was pregnant and now I wish I could do it all over again:) You'll be up and running after a tiny monster soon enough- SOO eat another bowl of ice cream,(if that even sounds good) and then come and see me Friday...without giggling of course.

Abby O! said...

Sooo... first off... I adore you. Second off, I wish I had had the option to just sit around! That would've been GLORIOUS! So I say let Rob love you and take care of you because that's what he does bestest in the world. Be grateful that you can not do things you don't want to do. I know I'm jealous and when little speck shows up you'll be glad you took care of yourself. :D