Today, I was reminded of a mission memory I'd like to share with you. It's great, you won't regret taking the time to read......
I was in a ginormous area. One morning, we were in a mad mad rush to get to the other side of our area for an appointment. This was the first apt in a very busy day.
After study and all that jazz, I grabbed my shoes, we knelt by the door and prayed and then ran out to the car.
We drove to the other side of our area and parked in one of the millions of apartment complexes surrounding D.C. We prayed again, hopped out and began our trek across the complex to our appointment.
Suddenly, as I took a step up on a curb, I looked down and stopped in my tracks. I said, "Sister!" She turned and saw that I was looking at my feet. In the rush of the morning, I had put a brown shoe on my left foot, and a cream and blue shoe on my right foot! How did neither of us notice?!
We had a great laugh and there wasn't much I could do. We were too busy and didn't have time to go back to the apartment for a long time. IT was great. After our appointment we had a bit of time to street contact before our next appointment. Everyone noticed my shoes and were too polite to say anything. I openly let them know it was a mistake and I wasn't crazy!
ANYWAY, today reminded me of that because some weirdo of a woman came to church with a brown shoe on her left foot and a blue shoe on her right foot.
We got to church and sat down, I had a sneezing attack so I ran to the bathroom for tissue. Got back to my seat just in time for the Sacrament prayer when I looked down and saw this, basically anyway (go ahead and scroll down):
Yes, it's true, I am that weirdo of a woman. This is twice in my adult life that I wore mismatched shoes, accidentally, out in public. I. AM. AWESOME.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your awesome shoe story. I love it. I just wrote Sis. Hunstman II a letter and was looking on her blog to get her address and hopped over here to say hi. Hope you have a good day. Yes, you are awesome!
Thank you Sharla!! I'm glad you wrote Staci. She will love it. Yay for sister missionaries! :D
Post a Comment