The 7-8 year old primary class sits in front of our 8-9 year old class. Yesterday, a cute little 8 year old was sitting in front of me. We don't know him at all but he seems sweet.
It was his birthday, so he got a pencil from the Primary. He was playing with it when he dropped it behind his chair, at my feet. He looked at it and then quickly turned around in his chair, maybe thinking he'd just get it later.
So I elbowed Rob and motioned for him to pick it up and give it back to the boy (I was holding Adelheid).
So Rob did. And like a good kid, the boy put his pencil under his chair, so he wouldn't be tempted to play with it. For some reason, I thought it'd be funny to get the pencil and do it all over again.
So with my foot I rolled the pencil from under his chair to under my feet, elbowed Rob and motioned for him to pick it up and give it to the boy.
Rob looked utterly confused. Hadn't he just given it to him? Why did I take it from under his chair?
Like a good boy, Rob did what I asked. :)
The boy looked even more confused then Rob. He took it and carefully place it by his feet, far away from mine.
I couldn't help but laugh so hard I nearly peed.
Rob thought it was pretty funny too and so he then tried to get the pencil from by the boys feet to do it all over again. But it was just to far. So, the boy also had a birthday card from the Primary under his chair. I slid it with my foot from under his to by me. Rob didn't need to be told what to do. He picked it up and gave it to the boy. By this time we were both laughing so hard, I thought the primary president was going to come tell us to hush!
This poor boy. He clearly was annoyed by our antics. He kept the pencil and paper in his hand.
One of the kids in our class also had a birthday, so Rob took his pencil, tapped the boy in front of me on the shoulder once again, and went to give him the pencil.
At first he looked exasperated and went to get the pencil, when he realized that his pencil was already in his hand and his exasperated look changed to complete confusion!
Oh it was the frosting on the cake! His face was just worth the minutes of taunting him. This poor boy probably will never think happy thoughts of us as we teased the bejeebers out of him. But, it kept us entertained on that long fast Sunday.
Next January, he'll be in our class and hopefully he'll have forgiven us by then. :D
1 comment:
That is the best story! :) I miss Primary.
Post a Comment