Losing 100 pounds is a lot of work. (I still have 54 to go.)
And I've lost interest in it for a bit.
But I haven't gained any back that I've lost! So that's a success right there.
Rob and I decided I needed additional motivation. Something that, when I see edible deliciousness, I will think, 'Ya, but I want my end prize more!'
And I have decided what my end prize is:
I've never seen more than 10 minutes of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, but the 10 minutes I saw of it (and this was years ago!) I wanted her bike!
I have wanted a motorcycle since I can remember. My brother had a Ducati bullet bike and plenty of dirt bikes. My dad has a giant Honda that he used to take me for joy rides on and even pick me up from the bus stop on my way home from the U. I have always wanted one of my own.
I don't want a bullet bike, just an awesome cruiser.
I don't actually know much about bikes. And I'm not picky about it being the best one out there. I just want one.
So, My goal is to get down to my pre-marriage weight and my prize is a bike.
Rob said I could. :)
Oh and Rob hasn't very much interest in bikes. He's never wanted one and doesn't really want one. So hopefully he'll fall in love while riding on the back of mine and get his own. :)
No, it's probably not the most practical thing for a new mommy to get, but who cares?! If I say that, I may never get one.
Every month that I continue losing weight, we put money away for it. So by next summer, when I've achieved a very great and very hard thing, I'll feel great and look flipping awesome on my new bike!!
What do you think? Haha. Am I crazy?
(Also, if you know much about bikes, give me some advice on one!)

3 comments:
One of the things that I first really liked about CJ was that he told me he's never allowed to own a motorcycle because he likes speed too much and he knows he'd kill himself. ;) That having been said I've kind of always wanted one and now that's not going to happen. You'll have to take me for a spin on yours!
You are so motivated! I love it! I think if a bike is what you want that is exactly what you should get!
that is WAY awesome! Larry is jealous. lol and he is a BIG bike buff so any questions aim them his way. I would get her bike from the movie in a heartbeat. I i have had 1 and Larry has owned several we love em. :) very exciting!
Post a Comment