Jan 25, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief

We LOVE the Harry Potter series. So when we saw the preview for the Lightening Thief, coming out on President's Day, Rob had a desire to read it before we saw it. 


After purchasing the book, Rob hardly could find time to read it... and then I decided to read it.


It all started when we were at his mom's house last Friday and I was waiting for him to do something, so I picked up the book and thought I'd just read the first few pages...


And suddenly, it's Saturday evening and I'm done reading the 375 page book.





I couldn't put it down!!


Needless to say, Rob was annoyed cause he wanted to read his book but I just, I mean I just couldn't give it up until I finished it...


Sorry Handsome!!


He forgave me, but now he doesn't have time to read it again.. I'm a jerk I know, but that's not the reason for this post.


So anyway, it's a great story. The book does however intensify my gratitude for having a loving, all knowing, Perfect Father in Heaven, who is God.


The book showed me a sense of hopelessness if we were ruled by 12 selfish, imperfect and easily angered as well as not too caring about the individual, gods.


I'm glad God loves me, knows me, and definitely cares about me. 


Having said that, this book again, is a great story and I'm stoked to read the rest of the series and see the movie! 


:D

No comments: