Jan 25, 2010

Ready for ANOTHER Miracle?!










'Miracle? But Heidi... your jeep is a mess! What kind of miracle produces a battered jeep?!'

Dun dun Nuh!

Here we are, just driving along, coming home after a visit with Rob's mom in Monroe.




Suddenly a DEER comes out of nowwhere and runs right into us!!



I saw the whole thing from my angle. Rob heard me scream (he was driving) then he saw a glimpse of the head, then we heard it bouncing off the side of our jeep, then I started bawling... :( I never ever wanted or want to hit a deer again...

I was too afraid to look back... Rob kept saying the jeep was broken because he couldn't accelerate anymore.

He pulled onto the shoulder and realized that somehow we had put it in neutral. That was a relief.

We got off the freeway about 1/2 mile after the hit. We were dragging something. I refused to get out of the car... So Rob checked on the damage and what was dragging.

Turns out we had actually very minimal damage for hitting, or rather being hit by a deer. And we were dragging a part of the bumper that busted off.

That was miracle one of this sad story.

Miracle two was, as we discussed what happened, we realized that if we had stalled for just a few seconds at any moment during our trip home, that deer would have been hit head on, possibly causing much physical damage to us as well as totaling the jeep.

Miracle three was, as we discussed what happened, we realized that there was another SUV that pulled around us at the precise moment we collided with the deer. Had Robert swerved at all, when he glimpsed the deer or right after making contact with it, we would have collided with the SUV and caused much physical damage to us, our jeep, their SUV and them... that would have been a tragedy...

So although the Lord could have provided a way for us to completely avoid the deer, we were given the opportunity to see just how closely the Lord is, and that His hand is literally guiding our lives.

I don't know if the deer survived... I hope that he had a scratch and bounced off the jeep and on his way... We prayed many times on the way home that he would not suffer, or did not suffer.

I'm so thankful for my adorable, sweet, sensitive husband who prayed that we'd be comforted and thanked God for his tender mercies in saving us from anything worse, and for loving all his creations.

2 comments:

Ally J said...

That is so great that you came out alive!! That really does show that Heavenly Father IS watching out for us! I'm glad you guys are okay! What a heck of an experience! Lol

Abby O! said...

My tummy still hurts just thinking about it. So glad you're ok!