Feb 18, 2010

Olympics!

Yay!!



We look forward to the Olympics every two years.

We have our Favorite events of course. During the Summer we love Gymnastics mostly and during Winter we love Figure Skating.

*Did you know that I ran with the torch for the 2002 SLC Winter Olympics? Right in American Fork. I was a support runner, in purple Olympic get up for Donnie, Marie and their father George Osmond. Fun stuff huh?

Well, some awesome highlights so far from this season:

In Men's short program figure skating, the Gold winner from Torino was Yevgeny Plunshenko, a russian who skates amazing. He wasn't planning on coming back but after two years of not skating decided to defend his title in the Vancouver Olympics. That was a shock to everyone!

I'm American, and therefore root for team U.S.A. So I appreciate this guys talent and determination but when Evan Lysacek skates up a fantastic performance and clearly was grateful and humbled by the score... .5 beneath Plunshenko, ya gotta be proud of your team!

Evan Lysacek

Today is the Men's Freestyle and after that an award ceremony... Go Evan!!

Another awesome moment:

Shaun White

Need I say more? Just watch the clips.

And another:

Seth Wescott (no nbc link yet...)

He was the snowboard cross gold medalist, and the first ever to receive back to back golds for this sport.

There's my shout out to Team USA!

And... because we love talent and to show that the Olympics is Full of inspirational stories... I thought this was appropriate to highlight as well:

First ever Gold metal for a Canadian while Olympics were held in Canada:

Alexandre Bilodeau

Alex also has a cool family story, his brother Fredrick has cerebral palsy and his Alex's greatest inspiration. Fredrick was told he wouldn't be able to walk after he was 10 years old, and today he is 29 and still walking.

What great Olympic stories!!


No comments: