Mar 25, 2010

Momma's



Mom's are so special! I love my mom.

Robert and I went to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid with my mom this last weekend.
It was silly and pretty fun in a lot of parts. But there were a few parts that really got me thinking about moms.

First of all, the boys mom is wonderful! She's loving, caring and a great multi tasker. She seems an ideal mother.

Secondly, during this PG film there are several shots of a playboy magazine and a dirty girl on the front. My thoughts were turned to all the mom's who have young 8-15 year old boys who want to see this movie and I can imagine moms saying, 'ya sure you can go see it with your friends.' They drop them off and leave them there not expecting their young boys would be exposed to pornography for a solid 20 seconds or more. How sad...

My bishop recently told me that 8 out of 10 boys view pornography before they reach the age of 18. Do they even have a chance? :(

You may argue that for instance, this film is so cute and fluffy and the explicit image is not harmful. I disagree with your argument. It is also noted that this type of thing is more addicting then alcohol. 

I understand that in the film they were not approving of it at all, in fact the young man caught with this terribly degrading material got in trouble by his mother, but it's already given young boys watching the film a introduction (if they haven't had one before) to a world of addiction, disrespect, lack of virtue and heartache.

I'm picking on this movie because I just watched it, but there are many other saddening vents that push this stuff into our world. Another fact I heard was there are 5000 new pornographic websites listed A Day. 

And I feel so sad for those to not only participate but Make it. They have no respect for life or love. Families are ruined, hearts are broken, lives shattered, people changed because of this stuff.

Here is a fantastic talk given by Elder Richard G. Scott, an Apostle of Jesus Christ on addictions such as these. He addresses those who have been effected and the perpetrators with love.

  HERE

I don't believe there is any justification for any degree of immorality, to view, participate in or be immodest. It only has negative effects.

Well that's my schpill on this topic. I was just sad to have seen it in the Wimpy Kid movie.

Do any of you have a ClearPlay? I wonder how good those are...

1 comment:

Mallory Miller said...

My sister has clearplay and likes it for the most parts but it sometimes goes random and edits weird parts like when someone says but (not butt) just but...