Jul 1, 2010

Updated mirror

My mom was going to sell this at the Yard Sale for 5$! I totally wanted it... so I bought it.

I'm not sure if that goes against Yard Sale morals, but it was a great deal.

I'm not a fan of wood grain and such, so I decided to paint it to match the rest of our bedroom furniture!

Before



After


It was a piece of cake. The mirror screwed out of the frame really easy



And then I did a quick sand job and applied my furniture paint, then let it dry!




Haven't decided where in my room to put it yet...

I LOVE THIS FURNISHING MY OWN HOUSE BUSINESS!!!!

3 comments:

Delirium said...

If I ever need remodeling advice I am definitely asking you!

I LOVE your new header!

Lei said...

Score!!!

Nancy said...

Isn't it fun taking someone's "trash" and making it your "treasure"? Your mirror turned out so cute. Where will you put it?

I'm writing to thank you for the sweet comments you left on "Remodelaholic" blog about my living room beam and corbels. I had NO idea until this evening that they had copied my ENTIRE post and put it on their site as a "guest" writer. I remember reading at one site that if you enter their "linky" party they can use your images but I had no idea they would copy my whole post. Anywho...I'll write them tomorrow. Think they could have at least told me that they did that? I'm ranting. Just wanted to thank you for the sweet comment you left.
~~Nancy~~