May 19, 2011

25 more things... About Robert!

1.       Heidi calls me Robber


2.       Once I kicked a kid in the butt in high school and ran off insanely. He caught up to me and pushed me against the wall, breaking my wrist.

3.       I once drank urine because my friend peed in a half-full Dr. Pepper bottle, and I thought it was just full of Dr. Pepper.

4.       One of my favorite phrases is “Up yours”

5.       I can learn almost any song by ear on guitar.

6.       I’ve had to apologize to my whole high school via intercom—twice (once for turning all the trash cans upside-down, and once for peeing behind the bleachers (I had to go and there was no bathroom!)).

7.       The top bones in my spine are fused together, making the movement in my back strange-looking.

8.       I really, REALLY hate rap music.

9.       I play drums pretty well.


10.   I was one of the only two companions Elder Yoder (my 3rd mission companion) got along with.

11.   I LOVE Harry Potter (particularly the movies and J.K. Rowling’s writing abilities).

12.   I once hid on the roof of a pavilion at a park…naked…and then jumped off and ran after a bunch of nerds playing football.

13.   I have repented of all my ridiculously offensive high school sins (some of which are mentioned above).

14.   I didn’t plan an elaborate proposal to Heidi—in fact, I just decided the day of that it was the right day to do it, and I did it.

15.   I was OBSESSED with Blink-182 in middle and high school. Now I don’t like them much at all. Too vulgar.

16.   I really love NBA basketball now, but was on a basketball-liking hiatus from 5th grade til age 24.

17.   My friend Skyler and I were privileged to play an original graduation song at our high school graduation. I sang and played in front of about 2,000 people.

18.   I made an original costume for my first Halloween as Heidi’s boyfriend. It made my nephew Charlie cry. 


19.   My dry sense of humor often confuses and sometimes offends people.

20.   I was once involved in a drive-by shooting. I was in the passenger seat of a truck with my friend driving. One of my friends was in the back of the truck with another kid we sort of hung out with from time to time. He had a pistol in his hand we were just using for shooting targets, and he thought it would be funny to shoot at someone’s house. It scared the living daylights out of us. We didn’t hang out with him much after that.

21.   I took the McDonald’s challenge on my mission (Philippines). I ordered three meals: Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, and McChicken; all with fries and a drink, and ate it all. Seconds later, I ran to the bathroom and threw almost all of it up.

22.   I told Heidi my name was Reggie the first time we met, and she believed me for weeks.

23.   I have recently lost almost 30 pounds on the Slim Fast diet.

24.   I never thought I would love my baby this much.


25.   My life has taken a huge 180 turn for righteousness largely due to my wife’s amazing example to me.

1 comment:

Abby O! said...

Hazah for crazy high school doings that need repenting... as much as repenting sucks they're fun stories all the same. ;) This is so fun! Now you need to do 25 about Adelheid!