Aug 26, 2011

Subtitles

Have you heard people, or even yourself, say how you hated 'Crouching Tigers, Hidden Dragons' because it was in subtitles?

Rob and I are quite odd in the fact that we watch every movie we can with subtitles. In fact, since we started doing it (when the baby was born, so we could watch movies while feeding her in the middle of the night without turning the sound on) we've become addicted! And every movie we've seen a million times in the past has become an entirely new adventure to watch with subtitles.

It's made movies like 'Master and Commander' and 'Robin Hood' (2010) so much easier to understand (That Russell Crowe is a hard one to understand...)!

It's wonderful because we also catch things that people say in the background that we never paid attention to before. 

Even though we've seen a movie a million times, we'll watch it with subtitles and both of us will end up saying sometime through out the movie, 'I didn't realize that's what he was saying!' Or what have you.

It's a fantastic idiosyncrasy of the Shomakers. You could try it!

The one downfall however is that if there are any swear words, it does make them a bit more potent, having to read and hear them... Boo to swearing.


Speaking of swearing, did you know that I am an official member of the 'No Cussing club'? Indeed, for almost 2 years now. I even have a certificate:


And it has always hung next to my desk, both in the office and here, at home!


And... one more thing, for anyone who is following, I am officially down 46 pounds!

No comments: