Apr 14, 2012

I CAN do hard things!

I can do hard things.

I tell myself that ALL.THE.TIME.

Especially those nights when all I want to do is eat an entire large bowl of buttery delicious popcorn.
(One of my very biggest weaknesses. We don't even go to movies unless I know I can handle not getting popcorn... or tell myself that it's ok to have a little. So, we don't often go to movies haha).

And it helps. It really does. That and a little whole lotta prayer. Because I know that adopting a more healthy lifestyle is something that Heavenly Father wants me to do.

I know it has taken me a looooooooooooong time. In fact, about 1 year and 1 week now. 

But I'm here to tell you that I've lost 61 lbs.

That is a LOT of weight. My heart is happier. My joints are happier. I'm happier.

SO... 39 more to go.

I can do incredibly difficult things!

Because losing 100 lbs is incredibly difficult. 

I know people lose weight all the time, and they do it a whole heck of a lot faster then app. 5 lbs a month, but...  I love that it's slow; it's healthy. It's controlled and I don't have many ups and downs. Although it's not as noticeable as losing a whole lot more weight over night.

But this, to me, is perfect. Perfect weight loss. Weight that isn't coming back because I'm changing my life, not just losing weight!

But it does take patience. :) 

I know that because I can overcome 100 lbs in a dedicated, determined, and disciplined way, I can do anything.

I can overcome anything. It's annoying to be overweight for so long, but, it's incredibly encouraging to know Heavenly Father is making me a stronger person.

4 more pounds and I'll have officially lost all of the pregnancy weight. It would have been cool to have that done by last week, which was Adelheid's first birthday. But... I'm still so proud of myself.

Maybe it's cheesy, but I can't say that I did it alone. Obviously I had God's help and also Rob's. 

Rob, you are so entirely wonderful to me. You never make me feel less then perfect. When those days come and I'm so hard on myself, you are there to encourage positive -ity, self love, and endurance.
I love you. Thank you, sweetheart.

4 comments:

Abby O! said...

You go girl!! BOO YAH!! :)

Bridget said...

Wow! You are amazing Heidi! I am only about to enter this realm... oh boy oh boy. I gained more this pregnancy than I did with both boys, and I still have more time (and more cake) before Elli comes. I blame your cake pops post for my current cake obsession. It is in no way my own personal accountability. Hahaha! ;)

LadyEm said...

I love this because you are definitely doing it the healthy way! Be proud and keep going strong!

Bret and Ashlee said...

You are awesome! And you look great!!!!